The toastmaster has the wonderful job of helping your special day to run as smoothly and as perfectly as possible through organisation, introduction of the speakers and keeping the big on schedule whilst more importantly taking the stress of worrying off the happy couple to be.
Duties of a Toastmaster
Toastmasters usually have a range of set duties they are more than willing to perform at your wedding however setting up a meeting before hand will enable you to go through what you would or wouldn’t like your toastmaster to do tailoring it specifically to your wishes. If you are looking for a Toastmaster to help organise and introduce your wedding then the Toastmaster directory will help you find out who is available in your area.
Typically a Toastmaster will:
- Greet the bride and groom upon arrival at the wedding reception
- Liaise with the photographer, caterers and any other staff that will be assisting in the wedding
- Help guests to there seats ready for the entrance of the bride and groom
- Announce the arrival of the newly weds and escort them to their seats
- Help to organise the guests for photographs
- Introduce each speaker in the right order
- Say grace
- Announce the cutting of the cake