Whether you are thinking of macaroon favours, a little sweet treat for the wedding reception tables, or an alternative wedding cake, macaroons or French Macaron as they are also know, fit the bill perfectly for all.
Macaroons are made mainly from ground almonds and can be biscuit like in texture or light like a meringue. These easy to make treats are currently quite fashionable for weddings and can be coloured to match any theme.
If you are looking to add some wow factor by making a feature out of your macaroons, or look to create a wedding cake shape, macaroons can be arranged on cone-shaped towers by either stacking or adding to a display tower. using a variety of colour and those finishing touches will add a chic touch to any wedding or event.
Image: Anges de Sucre
Macaroon Flavor Ideas
Adding a personalised message, the bride and grooms names or wedding date can be a great idea for that special touch and your favours can be made relatively cheaply and still look beautiful.
If you are thinking of baking your own macaroons then the the saying practice makes perfect definitely comes in here. As one of the more difficult biscuits to make you are going to want to practice this over and over again.
For the Macarons
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
Suggested Fillings for Macarons
- Chocolate: Chocolate Ganache
- Coconut: 1 cup Swiss Meringue Buttercream, mixed with 1/3 cup angel-flake coconut.
- Peanut: Chocolate Ganache, or store-bought dulce de leche, jam, or peanut butter.
- Pistachio: 1 cup Swiss Meringue Buttercream, mixed with 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios.
- Raspberry: 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream