If you are planning a Honeymoon in New York then expect an action packed trip with plenty to do and see. There is an abundance of romantic options for hotel and apartment stays too for example the Four Seasons arrange memorable experiences for the bridal couple such as helicopter tour of New York or horse and buggy ride through Central Park.
Attractions in New York
- Statue of Liberty is a must to see and you can do this by ferry or boat trip which will take you to Liberty Island. This can be a relaxing get away for the honeymoon couple and break from the hustle and bustle the city brings.
- Empire State Building Chrysler Building Rockefeller Center all iconic buildings will bring to life the movies you have watched as their presence towers the New York skyline with their architectural beauty.
- Central Park with its several lakes, theaters, ice rinks and fountains plus sporting areas like tennis courts and baseball fields offers a relaxing escape where you will truly take in your surroundings almost unaware of the skyscrapers peeping over the tree lines.
- Times Square buzzing with action and it’s exciting atmosphere should be on your need to do list whilst on honeymoon. Famous for New year count down, Broadway theatres and super sized neon signs you will feel in the heart of the action.
- The Twin Towers – Ground Zero. As you are on your honeymoon you may choose to see or avoid ground zero.A memorial is currently under construction at the site of the former twin towers and this is expected to open in 2011, at the 10th anniversary of the terrorist attacks, a World Trade Center.
Best Time of Year to go to New York
With so much to see and do there is no real best or worst time to go to New York.
May to June can be the best time for Honeymoon in New York, lower humidity and temperatures of around 15’s and 20’s outdoor activity is pleasant. The summer months of July and August can be very hot as humidity is very high and temperatures rise can rise to 38°C!
The best hotel deals can be found early in the year from January to April and this is an ideal time if you are into Ice-skating or the Broadway shows, as you have more change to grab tickets for the biggest hits in January and February.
Temperatures can be in the 20s°F below 0°C in January and February and snowfalls can restrict walking around because of the wind chill.